Tuesday, December 29, 2009

  • Tuesday, December 29, 2009
  • Elder of Ziyon
I turned off a feature in the comments that would have allowed near-real-time updates from within the comment system. It would have been cool to turn it into a sort-of chat board, but this blog doesn't have enough members in the commenting community to make it worthwhile, and by turning it off the comment threads are now top-down chronologically.

You can create a profile, upload an avatar, and have people see all of your comment history, which is nice. Still seems a little screwy; I created an avatar but not all new comments had it.

You can click on "Like" and tell people that you liked another's comment.

Internally, it tells me not only how many people commented but also how many people read the comments (in total, not on a post-by-post basis.) It was higher than I thought but I don't know how they calculate it; whether one person who reads every comment might skew the numbers or not.

I can configure the comments to pop-up, to be in a new window/tab or to be integrated with the blog. Integrating it with the blog added too much time to my already long page load time, and I think I like pop-up better than a new window.

Somehow I can change the colors but it is not my top priority now; I'd have to do some CSS stuff.

AddToAny

EoZ Book:"Protocols: Exposing Modern Antisemitism"

Printfriendly

EoZTV Podcast

Podcast URL

Subscribe in podnovaSubscribe with FeedlyAdd to netvibes
addtomyyahoo4Subscribe with SubToMe

search eoz

comments

Speaking

translate

E-Book

For $18 donation








Sample Text

EoZ's Most Popular Posts in recent years

Hasbys!

Elder of Ziyon - حـكـيـم صـهـيـون



This blog may be a labor of love for me, but it takes a lot of effort, time and money. For over 19 years and 40,000 articles I have been providing accurate, original news that would have remained unnoticed. I've written hundreds of scoops and sometimes my reporting ends up making a real difference. I appreciate any donations you can give to keep this blog going.

Donate!

Donate to fight for Israel!

Monthly subscription:
Payment options


One time donation:

subscribe via email

Follow EoZ on Twitter!

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive